24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle?

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #11  
I have a similar issue on my zero turn. I'm good about using stabil but I only put a few hours on my mower each season and I suspect that somewhere along the line I have caused a fuel issue.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle?
I find that the engines of today are very sensitive compared to the old girl back 30 years ago. They were tough and it took a lot of dirt to plug up the carbs maybe it had something to do with the leaded gas.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #13  
I think the ethanol content has more to do with the fuel problems most small engines are having today. I have found "greenish" mung inside my fuel systems of my power tools with smaller diameter fuel hoses and other small orifices, (i.e chain saws, blowers, mowers). Where I can, I use the least possible ethanol content but, sadly, hard to find any ethanol free fuel that is realistically priced.

What I cannot understand is that my machine is 3 years old and ran fine till this year. I have a 2004 Kawasaki 700 KFV with the same motor and always used regular unleaded and never once did purge like that. Your theory might be right as one is 12 years old and the 3.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #15  
The fuel is what has changed mostly, but as far as engines are concerned - the epa is setting strict standards now meaning engines have to be cleaner running. Less fuel and more precise delivery helps meet the standards. It definitely doesn't help when they add a hygroscopic material to the fuel. As silly as this sounds, water is just too thick to pass through some of the passages in the carb and can cause problems that way. Other issues are passages through the carb you can't see through, likely there is buildup stuck in there whether it be corrosion or a byproduct of chemical reaction in the fuel.

The fuel treatments I trust are B3C solutions and Castle Highway 95. Stabil doesn't really do much, neither does startron for that matter. They do a little, and that may be all some people need, but i wouldn't use them. They are a familiar name and people buy what is familiar and comfortable.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #16  
I wonder if the fuel filter could be suspect too. I remember when adding a little ATF added to a tank was all it took to clean injectors once a year.

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #17  
...the engine was purging in low idle so I changed the plugs but it still purges. ... and it still purges. ... and still purges.

purge (p?j)►

v.
To free from impurities; purify.
v.
To remove (impurities and other elements) by or as if by cleansing.
v.
To rid of sin, guilt, or defilement.

surge (sɜːdʒ)
n
1. a strong rush or sweep; sudden increase: a surge of anger.
2. (Physical Geography) the rolling swell of the sea, esp after the passage of a large wave
3. a heavy rolling motion or sound: the surge of the trumpets.
4. an undulating rolling surface, as of hills
5. a billowing cloud or volume
6. (Nautical Terms) nautical a temporary release or slackening of a rope or cable
7. (Electronics) a large momentary increase in the voltage or current in an electric circuit
8. (Mechanical Engineering) an upward instability or unevenness in the power output of an engine

Thanks for the lesson on the differences between surging and purging lol. I was so confused the dealer said purge then someone else said surge. I am a Frenchman and do not argue with someone who is telling me something in English cause I cannot argue it. So I guess surge is the word going by your explanation. Thanks again
Gilles

/ 24 hp Kawasaki engine purging at low idle? #19  
You're welcome. Tell the dealer! :)

I see you are from my home province! I was born a couple of hours from you, in Kingston. :thumbsup:

Love Kingston beautiful city. Before moving up here in God's country, I live in Brockville ( 1980-2005) and always love the 1000 islands. :salute: