2013 Terex PT110 Forestry

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #31  
Looking at getting a PT110g forestry vs Bobcat 770 and wanted to know what your thoughts were on the machine after these past few months. Problems that you haven't mentioned in your threads? Do it over? Any other people with a Terex you know that had issues? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but really trying to make a wise decision on a big chunk of change.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #32  
The 770 Bobcat is a fair bit more expensive when I shopped them.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry
I'm a few hundred hours in on my PT and so far so good. We've worked out the kinks I think and it has been a solid money-making machine. There are still a few shortcomings, as I'm sure there are on many machines, but mainly on things that don't matter.....darn near impossible to clean out the AC radiator for one, plastic fuel tank (prone to getting squished and deformed if debris build up under lift cylinders- and it will if you run a wider mulcher head. The hydraulic flow specs and cooling capacity still make it my first pick machine. The updated style undercarriage and wider tracks are a nice feature too over my older PT.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #34  
How are things going with your PT110. Still waiting to take the bite on a new trackloader. I demoed the Bobcat 870, 770 and PT100g. I like the PT the best but worried about reliability. Any experience between Bobcat and Terex? What problems have you seen with your machine since last update? Bobcat dealer is 20 miles away, Terex 100 miles away. I won't be using a forestry multcher, just a flail mower and tree puller. I like the protective cage though since I will be in the timber 80% of the time.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #35  
Do these new ones use a dpf muffler for the emissions? Any issues with that, such as added heat or regens?

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry
Do these new ones use a dpf muffler for the emissions? Any issues with that, such as added heat or regens?

My dealer was mentioning to me that in regen mode that thing can hit upwards of 1400 degrees. I'm not sure if that's right, but I can't imagine that being a good combination in a forestry application. One thing I like about the PT110 vs older iterations of it is the top-mount exhaust. Now that I've put enough hours on it, I do see the potential for fire on the top side if leaves and debris settle on the top grate. With the new cooling fan, there is so much suction during normal running that it will pin a good bit of stuff on top. Luckily, the reversing mode has ample power to blow the accumulation back off. I've set my fan to reverse every ten minutes for this reason. So far so good. That filter supposedly has a 3500 hour service life. I will be trading in for a new one long before then. Hoping the undercarriage makes it that far too. No complaints with that whatsoever though.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #37  
OK thanks. I was afraid of those DPF's in a forestry application due to the high heat. Have to really be aware of keeping the engine compartment clean as you have said.
Hope it gives you good service life now that you got some of the bugs out.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #38  
Sorry to hear about all your problems. 15 hours on mine so far, so good. I think the ease of maintenance, cab comforts/info screen, etc. are better on the Bobcat T770 but after demoing both the power, ground clearance, and ability to go places the 770 couldn't even start to go swayed me to the PT110f. Hope they have all the kinks worked out on my unit. Keep you posted.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #39  
Buy a Cat 299d not a terex or a bobcat if you want a dependable machine. I have my third one right now and already have 800 hours on it and it 6 mints old. Hasn't been to the shop yet or had a single problem. That's just the way cat equipment is built. You just don't typically have the problems like bolts shaking loose or 3 problems three days in a row right out of the box. If that was my machine they would have taken it right on back and shoved it up their a$*
People and at what say want but day in and day out you won't find a better built machine. Especially with a plastic terex.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #40  
Buy a Cat 299d not a terex or a bobcat if you want a dependable machine. I have my third one right now and already have 800 hours on it and it 6 mints old. Hasn't been to the shop yet or had a single problem. That's just the way cat equipment is built. You just don't typically have the problems like bolts shaking loose or 3 problems three days in a row right out of the box. If that was my machine they would have taken it right on back and shoved it up their a$*
People and at what say want but day in and day out you won't find a better built machine. Especially with a plastic terex.