2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #21  
I meant a real life scenario of high inclination working.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #22  
I have a gravely 564 with dual wheels and some very steep terrain. The gravely will definitely do it, but it is a workout. I did find that the very low ground clearance and crazy torque could create some wild situations if one side fell in a hole. You gotta be ready to spin. My older neighbor who gave me my gravely had a technique for hills that he really liked. He壇 back the gravely up the hill. This kept the front end bush hog down better and also eliminated the possibility of having it roll back on you in that brief moment when youæ±*e moving across neutral from forward to reverse. Downside is that youæ±*e walking backwards into uncut brush.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #23  
Remember walking behind a Gravely the balance with the front brush cutter is such that pushing down on the handlebars is easy. Push down and swing it around for whatever reason.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting
I should have updated this thread.

Fall of 2020 I bought a used DR rough cut mower. It has a a brush cutter (36") and a small chipper attachment. I got a great deal and love the cut and performance. Its got the Kawasaki 15HP V twin engine and a scary amount of power. It will climb anything it can't chop down!

All that said, its a beast and it has bested me more than once. I'm a big guy (nearly 300lbs, 6'2") and can really muscle things around. But operating this on side slopes (cutting old orchards) is a bear. For one, it has a differential or limited slip, but no split brakes. So I have to hold it steady on the slope, but when it encounters holes, it looses traction and stops and bucks. It takes me about 2 hours to mow an area about an acre in size. And I am literally spent.

For level areas, I love it though. The cut is great, its fast, and it gets into tight areas. The chipper is also a great tool. Not as robust as a 3pt unit, but better that a stand-alone homeowner job.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #25  
I should have updated this thread.

Fall of 2020 I bought a used DR rough cut mower. It has a a brush cutter (36") and a small chipper attachment. I got a great deal and love the cut and performance. Its got the Kawasaki 15HP V twin engine and a scary amount of power. It will climb anything it can't chop down!

All that said, its a beast and it has bested me more than once. I'm a big guy (nearly 300lbs, 6'2") and can really muscle things around. But operating this on side slopes (cutting old orchards) is a bear. For one, it has a differential or limited slip, but no split brakes. So I have to hold it steady on the slope, but when it encounters holes, it looses traction and stops and bucks. It takes me about 2 hours to mow an area about an acre in size. And I am literally spent.

For level areas, I love it though. The cut is great, its fast, and it gets into tight areas. The chipper is also a great tool. Not as robust as a 3pt unit, but better that a stand-alone homeowner job.
Have you had to replace the drive belt?

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting
Have you had to replace the drive belt?
No not yet, but changing implements means changing belts as the chipper uses a different belt than the mower. I imagine the belts are expensive (they are single units, thick and pretty long) and probably don't last too long.

I just realized you said "drive belt". Nope - and that one looks tough to get to.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #27  
I just read this thread and noticed that gravelys were mentioned, but the models mentioned had the Kohler engines without a pressurized lubrication system. I have a 5240 and find it harder to use than my 68 C8. The older gravely that has a Studebaker (T-head) engine is much lighter and more manueverable, and can handle steep slopes with dual wheel, though they lack steering brakes.

They are all very old though as I think that engine was discontinued in 1974. Just an option you may not have considered.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #28  
Old 2 wheel gravely with the gravely engine li or c8 would be perfect because they have pressured oiling tue gravely last with kohler engines do not

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #29  
I waiting a berta flail mower for my grillo g 110 with gx 390.I assume your bcs 853 is equipt with a honda gx engine.How steep an angle will work on ?
I'm wondering about sufficient oiling of the engine on really steep slopes.

/ 2 Wheel Tractor for Tough Brush Cutting #30  
I'm wondering about sufficient oiling of the engine on really steep slopes.
You gotta be a big man or very strong. I could not use my 5665 Gravely on steep slopes. Needed steering brakes to use it at all.