1988 ford 555 leaking milky hydraulic oil?? From inspection plate with port at bottom of trans.

/ 1988 ford 555 leaking milky hydraulic oil?? From inspection plate with port at bottom of trans. #1  

dodgefairbanks83

Tractor
1988 ford 555
Hi. I was digging stumps today and the machine had a tiny bit of noticeable drag to the normal smoothness of the boom operation. I moved the machine to go to another stump and noticed a puddle of yellow/milky fluid under tractor. Coming from 4 bolt inspection plate under trans, behind torque converter. The most common answer is torque converter seal. But would that affect the hydraulic operations? Also, when not revved up and in use it was a clear very very slow drip. Once I began to use the boom again and got off to inspect again, it was a steady gush and once again yellow/milky in color.
Please advise.
Thanks

/ 1988 ford 555 leaking milky hydraulic oil?? From inspection plate with port at bottom of trans. #2  
Water in your system.

/ 1988 ford 555 leaking milky hydraulic oil?? From inspection plate with port at bottom of trans. #3  
To answer the question of affecting hydraulic operations, the answer is no.

/ 1988 ford 555 leaking milky hydraulic oil?? From inspection plate with port at bottom of trans. #4  
More questions regarding milky fluid. Noticed the piston on the log-splitter emitting milky fluid around the cylinder. When disconnecting hose to tractor remotes notice the same pink milky effluent. FEL and 3 point works fine. The kubota L4400 sight glass shows the pink milky color.
Years ago I could never tell, with only a sight glass and no dipstick, if I had enough fluid, since it was so clear, which is not the case now I attempted to replace the hydraulic fluid then and only got about half of it (8-9 gallons) to drain.

/ 1988 ford 555 leaking milky hydraulic oil?? From inspection plate with port at bottom of trans. #5  
Sounds like there is water in your system, and a leak. I think that machine has a common sump for all fluid. You have to get all the old fluid out or you'll have future i$$ues. Work a little more on draining, maybe poke a wire into the drain hole in case you have sludge blocking stuff. Shine a light down there to see. Remember that wire. Make a temporary dipstick out of it to see if all the fluid is gone. If it already is that means the rest of the fluid has leaked out which is likely why the boom wasn't working well. Lastly figure out how and where water is getting in, take care of that. Shouldn't bankrupt you other than a couple of jugs of the right fluid and a seal or two. Old machines sometimes need a little repair.