12v LED's on my 6v 8n

/ 12v LED's on my 6v 8n #1  

presta24

Tractor
1948 8N, 2021 CK2610
Just ordered a step up converter and 2 round LED's from the zon. Seems pretty simple to set up. Anyone have any tips or anything I need to look out for when doing this?

/ 12v LED's on my 6v 8n #3  
Not like they don’t make 6v led lights. If you don’t want to complicate things with even more electronics altering voltages.

Last edited:
   / 12v LED's on my 6v 8n #4  
Should work fine but some extra circuitry that can cause problems in the future. LEDs run on about 3 volts and are wired in series to get to 12 volts. The step up deal converts DC to AC to run through a transformer then rectifies that back to DC for the output. I'd go with the six volt option but since you've already bought the units you'll be fine as long as the current ratings match up.

/ 12v LED's on my 6v 8n
Not like they don’t make 6v led lights. If you don’t want to complicate things with even more electronics altering voltages.

Should work fine but some extra circuitry that can cause problems in the future. LEDs run on about 3 volts and are wired in series to get to 12 volts. The step up deal converts DC to AC to run through a transformer then rectifies that back to DC for the output. I'd go with the six volt option but since you've already bought the units you'll be fine as long as the current ratings match up.

I debated just going 6v. But as the tractor doesn't get used much I didn't want to spend the coin on 6v led's. I got the converter and 2 LED headlights for like $50

/ 12v LED's on my 6v 8n #6  
You should be good with LED’s we converted our 8N’s over to 12v internally regulated alternators years ago for brighter lighting.