12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #31  
Yeah be careful with the new powerful drills. I just cut down several trees for an HOA and farm customer today.
After I cut them, I drilled the stumps for Roundup with my 60V DeWalt and a 1” bit. I was dead tired and not paying attention. Drill got me and took my wrist for a spin.
I didnt set the clutch properly.

1645054788488.jpeg

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #32  
Yeah be careful with the new powerful drills. I just cut down several trees for an HOA and farm customer today.
After I cut them, I drilled the stumps for Roundup with my 60V DeWalt and a 1” bit. I was dead tired and not paying attention. Drill got me and took my wrist for a spin.
I didnt set the clutch properly.

View attachment 733865
Hay dude, save yourself some trouble next time and just put the Roundup all the way around the cambium layer on top of the fresh cut stump, it will do the job, no hole drilling required. Charlie.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #33  
Hay dude, save yourself some trouble next time and just put the Roundup all the way around the cambium layer on top of the fresh cut stump, it will do the job, no hole drilling required. Charlie.

I did both thanks!
Customer idea on the holes.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #35  
Modified my dump trailer jack drive with a standard 1.5" x 10 spline manual slack adjuster and drive it with my cordless drill, works good. I think they are geared at about 24-1. It is kinda slow but so is the manual crank.

0305231259.jpg

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #36  
My welded drill to socket adapter broke. Maybe I need to give that a try. I don’t understand exactly what you have there though

Last edited:
   / 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #37  
My welded drill to socket adapter broke. Maybe I need to give that a try. I don’t understand exactly what you have there though

I drilled a 1/4" hole in the pipe adapter with a 1/4" grade 8 bolt with the head cut off, just the right length to engage two of the splines of the slack adjuster.

With a fresh 3amp battery and my cheap john Craftsman 19.2 1/2" drill I had no problem unhooking my dump. I use high setting to get the jacks on the ground then switch to low and lift it off. The drill is rated 400 in lbs. My brother is a Milwaukee dealer so he sent me a 1/2" 18v 500 in lbs drill kit, anxious to get it and try it.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #38  
How does your drill fit over the jack tube? Mine wont open that big.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #39  
How does your drill fit over the jack tube? Mine wont open that big.
My drill don't have enough power to direct drive. I drive the 9/16" adjuster screw on the slack adjuster to get the 24-1 power reduction.

/ 12k Trailer Jack Drill Adapter #40  
Here I was thinking the slack adjuster was to “anchor” the shaft to keep it from wobbling. lol
Mine really wobbles when I try to do it with my adapter.
After my adapter broke, I went back to hand cranking.