Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,981  
I drove a friend's Iroc Z years ago which was about as useless in snow. 60 series tires all of the way around, I was glad to get it back to his shop without incident.
Back in the 80s had a ladyfriend who had just a regular Camaro. Great on dry roads, but it could get stuck in a puddle (we did once), I'd hate to see it in snow.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,982  
Tires are designed for different uses. The make of vehicle they are on is independent of the service conditions.
But a light vehicle with lots of horsepower doesn't help matters any.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,983  
The kind of tire an Iroc Z would be fitted is more of an indicator than 60 series.

Seems back then a Goodyear Gatorback was popular. Good dry tire. Terrible in snow.
I experienced the same thing with a 5.0 Mustang and it was even worse in my 71 Bronco if I forgot to lock the front hubs. I spun the Bronco on wet pavement several times. The Mustang wouldn't move forward in 2 inches of snow.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,984  
While my 2016 Leaf and 2023 Dual Motor Model Y are almost the same color no one has ever asked to drive it. 0-60 in 10 seconds vs 4.8 seconds may be a factor. :)
I wonder, what percent of drivers can think that fast? :sneaky:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,986  
Sounds like Joe is channeling Elon Musk's line of thinking.

Offering rebates on EVs that the manufacturers cannot even produce with their best effort sounds less that smart to me.

If we have money to burn why not give it to the makers of EVs?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,987  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,988  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,989  
Each drive that I make the car and I are both learning more about the inputs to Auto Steer. I am pissing it off less and less of the time. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,990  
While my 2016 Leaf and 2023 Dual Motor Model Y are almost the same color no one has ever asked to drive it. 0-60 in 10 seconds vs 4.8 seconds may be a factor. :)
Gale needs some drag racing friends!