didn't know where to post this one....amazing

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #1  

Sackett2

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4344HST
was sent to me with this quote
"What ever the operator of this track hoe gets paid, it is not enough!

This tower was built to show off the physical power of the excavator."

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,492
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,408
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,407
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,509
   / didn't know where to post this one....amazing #2  
That is nuts. I see there is a group of people directly below watching too. I wonder what is holding him in place when he is moving the excavator arm.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing
That is nuts. I see there is a group of people directly below watching too. I wonder what is holding him in place when he is moving the excavator arm.
I would like to know also- what/how is it held in place during each movement.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #4  
Look at the third photo. You can see the track frame and front idler cantilevered between the buttresses. The weight of the excavator keeps the track from slipping out.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #5  
That is flipping insane. What is even crazier is that someone spent days designing that structure that it's climbing and all the man hours to build it. But, what a way to demonstrate the machine's powers.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #6  
Must be important.....????

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #8  
Are you sure this wasn't PhotoShopped?

I Think it probably was a photoshop thing, if you look carefuly at pic 2, the track hoe operator is about 3 times the size of all the people on the ground, and their relative distance from the photographer is about the same.

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #9  
I am going to bet on it being real and being Chinese.

scaryideas | Excavator climbing a tower

http://static.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/19000-u-03.jpg

As I dig deeper that it looks like a stunt perfomered by a Hydraulics vendor, Leib Her. The tractor had its weights removed.

The only moment i do not believe in is when the tractor is standing on the tower and the arm is disconnected and moving to another "rung". Then again, these things climb up steep hills and stay with the brakes on so why not this I guess...

/ didn't know where to post this one....amazing #10  
I think its legit. As scary as it looks the tracks are locked into the tower when the boom is reaching for the next grab and there appears to be pins that lock the plate into the tower as well. If there was a hydraulic failure, it would be pretty exciting, but unless the boom, stick or pins actually broke the excavator would likely remain attached to the pole. Not like I'd do it in a million years though :D

More info here Amazing climbing excavator stunt! (Digger) I guess teh stunt was featured on a German TV show. It looks like a Liebherr machine.

Another image from a different location to confirm its not fake !!!http://static.rp-online.de/layout/showbilder/19000-u-03.jpg

I wish i could find a video