Yet another Chalkley Cup

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #11  
Cameron - I know that "conventional wisdom" says it shouldn't work, but the original "Chalkley Cup", as Harv christened it, is still holding up perfectly well using Marine Goop as the glue that holds the magnet to the base. It's been soaked, dropped, vibrated, frozen, fried, and, in general, just plain abused. But the Goop is still holding just as tight as ever. There are now second and third editions of the cups using the same glue that are working just fine, but none have been subjected to as much "in the field" testing as cup #1. If it ever fails, I'll get some of Harv's miracle stuff, though.

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #12  
Holey Cow!!! I completely forgot about the Goop! I have two cups -- one made with Nbond and the other made with Amazing Goop. Both have been in service since last November.

I think that post I mentioned refers to both glues, but it was the Nbond that "stuck" in my mind. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #14  
I'm watching, Rick, I'm watching! You're amazing...

(BTW, I'm leaving a public message regarding TiltMeters for TLB's directed to you under the topic "What a long, strange trip it's been" in the "Other brands" topic area sometime today.)

MarkC
ChalkleyCup.gif
ChalkleySig3a.gif

/ Yet another Chalkley Cup #15  
Thanks all for the replies. I have just got some magnets and I will order the glue soon. You guys are great!
Cameron