What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #1  

KCTractors

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT342, Case 530 CK, , Ford 2000, , Ford 8N
I want to put a hydraulic top-link on a MT357. I have one from a MT342 that I had but the top-link is too short. I have the Pat's Quick-hitch on the the 57 also.
Anybody have one their MT357? What length did you get?

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #2  
Ask Fit Rite (custom) Hydraulics, a regular T-B-N contributor under the screen name of MtnViewRanch.

"How to determine the best overall working length for your hydraulic top link is to get the true mid stroke pin-pin distance.

The best way to do this is to have your tractor hitched up to your box blade (as an example) have the implement level with the ground front-back and side-side. Have the implement on the ground, measure the pin-pin distance.

Based on the pin-pin distance, the best possible working length of your top link can be determined."

Last edited:
   / What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #3  
You're looking for a 18 1/8" - 26 3/8" top link. That is the one that fit best with my tractor (which is about the same as yours)
This is the one I installed:

You'll need a hose kit too:

And here is the video I made installing it:

Hope this helps!

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #4  
If your original top link worked before you installed Pat's you'll need one about two inches longer as Pat's sets the connection point on the arms back about two inches. I needed a new top link as well as a longer driveshaft on my mower. Beyond that Pat's is great.

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #5  
+1 for what Avenger suggested. Fits and works well on mine.

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #6  
You guys realize that Pat's quick hitch adds 3 3/4" to the length of the draft arms, right?

So anything that you might be using for your std length draft arms-std 3pt hitch will not work very well if at all for the OP's circumstances.

He should be looking for something a few inches longer than what a std length 3pt set-up would need.

Also, I believe that the OP's hitch is a cat 1-2 hitch, so best to have a narrow cat 2 implement end if he can find one.

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #7  
If the OP needed an extra length, AristoreUSA sells several different lengths. This one would work fine too:

But it has been my experience that the amount of times my top link, while hooked to an implement, is all the way extended or retracted, is very minimal. And I specified a bit longer top link for my tractor, since I added my quick hitch (that pushed the actual links out a bit from factory). I still keep my manual top link around for various implements that require the hydraulic remotes the top link uses.

From factory, the LS MT 342 is a cat 1 hitch. If the OP wanted to upgrade to a 1/2 on the top link, I'd suggest getting something like this And use use cat 1/2 balls:

Alternatively, the OP can get a quote from Brian! ;)

/ What Length Of Hydraulic Top-Link For MT357 #8  
On reflection, that cat 2 quick hitch would not work with the MT 342. It requires a cat 1 on the tractor end. So either go with the first link, Brian, or cut off the cat 2 tractor end and weld this in its place:
But honestly, you really do not need a quick hitch on the top link, especially with hydraulics.