TC40D won't start

/ TC40D won't start #1  

MichaelJ@1

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Tractor started hard a few times. Changes the fuel filter abd it fired right up. This a.m., same thing. Checked wires and fuses. Cranked but no fire. 1/4 squirt of ether and fired instantly. Got out in the woods and she just quit. Cranks, but no go. How do I tell if the fuel solenoid is working?

/ TC40D won't start #2  
I'd start by making sure I had good fuel flow from the tank. Disconnect a line from the tank before the fuel filter and see if you have good flow from the tank. Sometimes crud or algae will build up in there preventing good flow. That could have initially clogged your filter. If you establish good fuel flow you may wish to check the glow plug operation for the hard starting. If you disconnect the fuel line after the fuel solenoid and turn on the key fuel should flow.

/ TC40D won't start #3  
Kind of sounds like a restriction in the fuel line or filter housing. Can you see through your filter bowl? See any fuel movement or bubbles?

/ TC40D won't start
Thank you for the info.
Solenoid seems to be working ok. She'll start instantly with a shot of ether, and fine after that. But, won't cold start. Like it loses prime?

/ TC40D won't start
There's fuel in the bowl. Good flow to the housing, but did fill kind of slow. I changed the filter and let some fuel run through while the bowl was off thinking maybe there was gunk in there?

/ TC40D won't start
Going to pull the lines after the housing off and see if they are clean today?