Remote Valve

/ Remote Valve #1  

spd163

I've read as much as I can find on this subject but still have a couple of questions, so here goes...
To add an additional hydraulic output for top link, etc. would you only need to run a pressure hose from the hydraulic 'port' on the tractor to the added control valve. Then, a hose from the "out" on the valve to whatever you've got hooked to it. And finally a return line to the control valve and back to the 'port' on the tractor?
Am I missing something here?

/ Remote Valve #2  
If I understand what you're saying, spd163, then the answer is "no." Do you intend to connect a control valve to an existing hydraulic outlet on the tractor, or do you intend to use a power beyond port on and existing valve, such as a front end loader valve? The outlet on the tractor will actually have two ports (in and out) and you have to complete the circuit, so you go from the outlet port on the tractor to the inlet port on the valve. The next hose goes from the outlet port on the valve back to the inlet port on the tractor (those ports are usually on the front of the control valve). Then you need two hoses to go from the control valve spool ports (usually on top of the control valve) to the cylinder. Hope I didn't just confuse you more./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Remote Valve #3  
If the tractor already has a loader, it might be just a matter of going from a two to a three-valve assembly. Some makes of valve assemblies are designed so valve sections can be added.

/ Remote Valve
So if I've got this straight now...I need a hose from the 'out' on the tractor to the in on the valve; then a hose from 'out' on the valve to in on the tractor.
From there, it's just one for out and one for in on the 'output' end of the control valve.
Do I have this right, now?

/ Remote Valve #5  
Yikes, all these 'ins and outs.' I have yet to actually do this stuff yet, so don't put too much stock in what is said here.

I think what I was saying is that if the tractor already has valves for a loader, you just need another control valve for the rear hydraulic pair. It is possible to place additional control valve sections in some valve assemblies, which would save the trouble of figuring out the 'ins and outs' plumbing. However, there are a few discussions of this type of issue in the archives that might be good reading.

The general idea in plumbing open centre hydraulic systems is that a path for oil flow from the pump and back to the reservoir must be maintained. Control valves, which interrupt the flow by diverting oil to a cylinder, are installed in series in this path. ‘T-fittings’ in the open centre path don’t work. A new control valve can be added, or an entirely new valve assembly can be hooked in series with an existing assembly.

However, a complication to all this is that many valve assemblies use a 3-hose system. There's an input, and two outputs. One output handles the open centre oil flow and the other handles return flow from the cylinders. The two different type outputs have to be kept straight in this sort of plumbing. I don’t know, but I suspect that ‘t-fittings’ might work in cylinder return lines. Cylinder returns also are called ‘low-pressure’ returns or ‘tank’ return lines.