Power Trac Parts Cross Reference Thread

/ Power Trac Parts Cross Reference Thread #51  
Hi there, everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has a part number for the PT 1430 air filter?

/ Power Trac Parts Cross Reference Thread #52  
Hi there, everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has a part number for the PT 1430 air filter?
I would start by searching with your Deutz model number, (F2L2011?) or just look on the filter that you have. The number is printed on one of the flanges. I suspect that you have a 1319257, but verify that. If you do have a 1319257, here are the cross references;

After knocking the loose debris off, I periodically use compressed air to blow my air filter cartridge off from the inside out. The air canister for the filter is normally installed horizontally to help the filter shed dust, and remove the dust from the housing, something it doesn't do in the vertical orientation. Generally, i do it at each oil change, and after tasks that are particularly dusty.

The filters for my 3 cylinder (F3L2011) generally aren't cheap from any source, so I tend to stick with the original manufacturer, MANN, and try to pick them up at lower prices when NOS comes available.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power Trac Parts Cross Reference Thread #53  
Thanks for your reply, Peter!👍 On the 1430 you can see how Power Trac fit there own custom piece onto the intake to mount this air filter. My guess is they done this for less space. One time PT sent me my package inside a box with the name of who they get their air filters from. I looked it up and the filters were much cheaper, but you had to buy at least 100 ( or close to that number). I actually forgot the name of that company.

Just recently I bought a few air filters for the 1430 from PT, and they are $72 a piece.

The school I went to told us that blowing out an air filter with an air hose creates larger openings in your filter element, therefore, allowing more dirt to pass through your filter. It’s “Some food for thought.”

/ Power Trac Parts Cross Reference Thread #54  
Thanks for your reply, Peter!👍 On the 1430 you can see how Power Trac fit there own custom piece onto the intake to mount this air filter. My guess is they done this for less space. One time PT sent me my package inside a box with the name of who they get their air filters from. I looked it up and the filters were much cheaper, but you had to buy at least 100 ( or close to that number). I actually forgot the name of that company.

Just recently I bought a few air filters for the 1430 from PT, and they are $72 a piece.

The school I went to told us that blowing out an air filter with an air hose creates larger openings in your filter element, therefore, allowing more dirt to pass through your filter. It’s “Some food for thought.”
$70/filter sounds about right. Three years ago, I think I bought two for $60 on eBay. Amazon has the original, for my tractor at $44 at the moment. As I wrote, I try to shop around as these are fairly pricey filters.

Yes, thanks for the tip. I have heard the same thing about never blowing out a filter, but when I tried to track it down, I never found any data. A rumor by filter manufacturers? For fun, I once intentionally left an oil drop just inside the intake manifold downstream of the air filter, and it didn't accumulate any noticeable dust. Seventeen years of this, and there's still nothing on the inside of the air intake, so I don't know what to say. Just to be clear, I do change the air filter, every couple of years on principle. I haven't ever had the filter indicator go red.

I do know that in several industries, there are air filters that have periodic reverse flow to blow off dust, e.g. "bag houses", and generators in high dust / high salt environments. Perhaps, if the "bigger holes concept" is true, it is about not getting the compressed air nozzle too close / too intense?

If you or someone else has data, I'm happy to learn, and change my ways.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power Trac Parts Cross Reference Thread #55  
I’ll open a new thread to continue our discussion.