New Owner of XT2 with EFI

/ New Owner of XT2 with EFI #1  

rbargeron

Elite Member
Tractor
L5450, L48, L3250, L345
Its a good tractor EXCEPT the push-button starter module shuts off the engine after about and hour - just stops and wont fire again until sometimes it will run again for another hour - but eventually it quits again. When it stops there's no fuel supply and no spark.

I found a relevant video here that lines up with what its doing - so I've ordered a new push-button module. Hope that cures it.

The tractor itself has a nice wide stance and tight turning circle so it works well around my place. Anybody have experience with Cub Cadet's EFI ? What else can I expect to act up? Take care, Dick B.

Last edited:
   / New Owner of XT2 with EFI #2  
The Cub dealer family holds their secrets near. I've certainly replaced modules before, but not for this condition. I've had connector issues ,body to EFI and engine harness @ the throttle body. I don't remember if yours has the thin little starter relay, and for that matter if they show in separate in the harness. As always, take care that one doesn't give a module an extra reason to fail- such as loose battery terminals, flaky battery, jumpstarting etc.
I do agree, they are nice machines.