Mahindra 3525 won't start

/ Mahindra 3525 won't start #1  

sandss115

Tractor
Mahindra 3525
Hey folks need some help trouble shooting. Parked my Mahindra 3525 last week after mowing the grass and now it won't start. The battery & heating coil lights come on like normal but nothing happens when turning the key. The PTO is off and I replaced the battery at end of last season. Also, it cranked right up last week and week before with no hesitation. I've owned this tractor for 6-7 years but I'm no mechanic so I've reached the end of what I know to do. Really need some help on next steps. Thanks in advance.

/ Mahindra 3525 won't start #2  
If the battery terminals are clean and the connections are tight (I'd confirm this) and the starter does not engage it's possible one of your safety switches is not satisfied. Generally these are the PTO, clutch, and seat - sometimes neutral as well.

/ Mahindra 3525 won't start #3  
Ditto on the safety switch suggestion. One time I had inadvertently pressed the PTO button and it was "on" when I tried to start the tractor. Just like you, not even a click.

FWIW, could you have possibly run over something (big branch etc) while mowing that could have caught a safety switch under the tractor?

/ Mahindra 3525 won't start
Appreciate you guys responding. It's acting exactly the same as when the PTO is engaged and I try to start (safety switch) so at least i know I'm thinking in the right direction. That was the first thing I checked and PTO was off. I can start the tractor while standing on the ground so I don't think it even has a seat or clutch safety switch.
Both the hi/low and the gear shift are both in neutral which typically allows it to start.
I'll check the underside for any kind of debris.

/ Mahindra 3525 won't start #5  
I had a 3525. You couldn't tell it from looking at it, but debris would would build up in the PTO safety switch housing under the operator's platform. Once I cleaned out the inside of the housing, the switch went back to operating and the tractor would start again.

/ Mahindra 3525 won't start #6  
Is it gear or hst. Either way climb up on seat and try shifting either one while turning key.