LW8 backhoe hydraulic hose o ring question

/ LW8 backhoe hydraulic hose o ring question #1  

DonRina

Tractor
Jinma 354
Just wondering what type of o ring the hydraulic hoses take for sealing on my LW8? The description is o ring but is that true or are they some type of flat rubberized seal? Any idea of the sizes used on the backhoe and I guess the loader as well. I’m just replacing the lines outer spiral wrap as mine are all sun rotted out and it might be a lot easier to pull the lines off the valve block instead of threading it in situ. Did wrap the easier ones but lots of them are a pig to get at.

Thanks,

Don B

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
   / LW8 backhoe hydraulic hose o ring question #2  
The O-rings for the ORFS fittings are 6 mm nitrile, although silicone would be preferred.

/ LW8 backhoe hydraulic hose o ring question
I guess that’s 6mm inside diameter then? Couldn’t seem to find these listed on the Jimna part suppliers web sites. Is it possibly something a hydraulic shop would have?

/ LW8 backhoe hydraulic hose o ring question #4  
I guess that’s 6mm inside diameter then? Couldn’t seem to find these listed on the Jimna part suppliers web sites. Is it possibly something a hydraulic shop would have?
I bought an O-ring set at Harbor Freight. Worked very well. You can also get them on Amazon and NAPA. But yes, a hydraulic shop might have them.

That’s great. I thought they were they were the NBR Metal Bonded Sealing Washer type.​

/ LW8 backhoe hydraulic hose o ring question #6  
That’s great. I thought they were they were the NBR Metal Bonded Sealing Washer type.
O-ring Face Seal (ORFS) fittings do not require bonded washers. Banjo bolt fittings do.

SLOWLY learning hydraulics. Thanks for your help. I ordered the o rings in silicon.