Mowing Kubota B1750 Removing Mid Mower

/ Kubota B1750 Removing Mid Mower #11  
When you remove the belly mower on a b1750 you MUST ALSO REMOVE THE REMAINING PTO SHAFT THAT IS IN THE HOUSING OF THE PTO ON THE TRACTOR ! DO NOT take off the mower and leave the universal joint and the 6 inch spline in the tractor ! It WILL spin around without being connoted to the mower and it WILL cause about $2000.00 damage to the PTO and transmission as it beats the crap out of everything underneath going around and around and not connected to anything. IT WILL tear the case out from under the tractor, all of the oil will run out and you will feel as stupid as I did. They guy I bought mine from showed me how to take off the mower but said nothing about the splined universal joint still in the PTO and that it had a collar on it for removal. YOU MUST PUCH BACK ON THE COLLAR and REMOVE the splined PTO SHAFT EVERYTIME you take off the mower and reinstall it when you put the mower back on. I wish someone would have told me they way I am taking the time to tell you. 615 642 664THREE Ric S.

I have the Kubota B1750. It does have the covers on the mower deck covering the pulleys and belts and it is designed to driver over top of it to put the mower deck on and take it off. I've done this for about 15 years.

When you take it off, disconnect the two rear pins, then the front pin, then the pto shaft (first by pushing outside further on - this releases it). Sometimes I would put a screwdriver in there, once I've released it, to pry it off of the pto shaft a little bit and then finish it by hand.

The easiest place to driver over and off is with it in the grass, otherwise it wants to roll away from you. Then I would take two 1" x 6" boards about 18" long and put from the ground just behind the front tires and the other end on top of the mower deck. Now get on, back over top slowly and just let it drop down of the other side of the mower.

Putting the deck on, again in reverse. Easiest to have deck in grass so it does not roll. Put the same two boards on rear of deck width of the front wheels. Drive over top and drop down on over the front. Attach two pins, then front pin, then PTO shaft.

/ Kubota B1750 Removing Mid Mower #12  
Thank you Ric. JUst got the mower and I was about to drop the mid-deck. This is such great advice.