Grapple choices

/ Grapple choices #1  

Danny 1953

Tractor
New Holland workmaster 40
Looking at rake grapple and down to 3.
Land pride, WRLong or Iron Craft.
The Land Pride I was thinking of is the 0660.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Have a 40 hp tractor.

Last edited:
   / Grapple choices #2  
I’ve had a Land Pride SGC1072 for my MX5400. I bought it about a year and a half ago and it has served me well. I have used it for clearing brush, moving logs and big rocks. I am really impressed on how good it works at all the things I have done with it. The work it saved me when clearing multi flora rose around some of my fruit trees has made it well worth the price.
It wasn’t cheap and I’m sure you can get other brands that will do just as good of a job for less.
But it was in stock at my local dealer ready for pickup when I needed it.

/ Grapple choices #3  
WR Long is based in Tarboro, NC - I have their bolt on grapple and I love it. I would say all 3 you listed are fine. Compare weights and prices.

/ Grapple choices #4  
I also have a land pride SGC1072. It has been great. Light weight and strong.

/ Grapple choices #5  
I have a Land Pride SGC 1560. It's a heavy duty rock/root grapple. 820 pounds of AR400 steel.

I have little or no brush or trash on my property. The grapple is used to move large chunks of pine tree trunk - large rocks - and right now I'm using it to "deconstruct" some old homestead buildings.

I've had this grapple ten years and not a moments problem.

IMG_0011.jpeg

/ Grapple choices #6  
Danny - I've been out here on the property for 43 years now. My 80 acres was, originally, a part of a 360 acre homestead. Over the years out here I've had four Land Pride land engagement implements.

They all have preformed admirably and never given a problem. As a brand - Land Pride - is one of the top of the line implements.

/ Grapple choices #7  
I have a 0660, only complaint I have about it is the zerks popped off when I went to grease it after the first 10 hours. Otherwise, no issues. "Bite" force is good. I don't think I'd be digging big rocks up with it, but it certainly is capable for what I've been using it for, tree and large limb removal.

3.jpg

Good luck and happy grappling!