ford 2n clutch

/ ford 2n clutch #1  

gmk5150

Tractor
mitsubishi
i have a 1944 ford 2 n my issue is cant get into gear Just grinds
Tried adjusting no sucess..it also has a sherman trans ..
I did notice leaver coming trans that clutch rod connects..
U can only move leaver 1 to 2 inches
Any idea guys...is it struck or shot...btw im 80 yrs old...not lookng forward to spitting it 😂

/ ford 2n clutch #2  
There is not enough information to make any type of repair suggestions. Sadly, I'm betting a new clutch is needed.

/ ford 2n clutch
Ty sir...hopng its stuck ☺️

/ ford 2n clutch #4  
I had a friend with an 8n that had the clutch get wet - it kind of rusted onto the flywheel and wouldn't release. He somehow got it started in high gear, gave it full throttle, pushed in the clutch, and kept hitting the brakes. It eventually freed up.

edited to add push in the clutch

Last edited:
   / ford 2n clutch #5  
Clutch disc is rusted to the flywheel, common problem. Pull or push start it in gear and holding the clutch down drive it around putting stress on it any way you can. Making hard turns I have heard has helped some people, just remember to ALWAYS keep the clutch pedal down as you drive it around. After you get it to break loose block the pedal down any time you park it for any length of time or the problem will happen again.

Some people claim to have had success by removing the starter and spraying the clutch with brake cleaner. I have never tried that.

/ ford 2n clutch
I had a friend with an 8n that had the clutch get wet - it kind of rusted onto the flywheel and wouldn't release. He somehow got it started in high gear, gave it full throttle, pushed in the clutch, and kept hitting the brakes. It eventually freed up.

edited to add push in the clutch
Thank"i give it a try