CT4xxx HST Series Q & A

/ CT4xxx HST Series Q & A #21  
I bought a used CT450 (engine stamp says 2009 although the unit was purchased in 2011 originally). Tractor came with heavy-duty rear tiller, rear blade, 2 buckets, pallet forks, front-mounted snowblower and 3PH finishing mower and has 1400 hours on it, with 800 of those hours idling to hold up slaughter carcasses as it was owned by a custom butcher. Tractor has some cosmetic issues as the front grill got broken by a swinging moose and the LH door glass is broken. I've ordered most of the grill parts from Kioti as the CT450s from 2008-2013 were actually painted over Kioti DK45/50 series and the parts are cheaper from Kioti than BobCat. The door glass is on its way, definitely not cheap but I want a functional cab for snowblowing at -30 up here in Canada. I am doing a complete service on all the fluids and filters and so have worked my way through engine oil and filter and fuel filter so far. The fuel filter was pretty cruddy so a change was necessary and I put fresh diesel in it and some fuel conditioner, but a mechanic friend suggests I should drain out the fresh fuel now rather than burn it through the engine and fill again then change the fuel filter again in 2 weeks or so just to reduce the crud that might have settled out. Is there a stopcock drain on the fuel tank or does one just have to detach the fuel line at the clamp prior to the fuel filter/sediment bowl? Thanks all.