Bad Boy 72v electric UTV

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #11  
This the best youtube video I've found for the Intimidator XD4 (comparing to a HuntVe Switchback).
It is long, but does a pretty good job showing the features (including electric dump bed) and capabilities.

They are sold by Cabela's and Mahindra is supposed to sell them: mahindra-xtv

I still want one of these.

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #12  
This the best youtube video I've found for the Intimidator XD4 (comparing to a HuntVe Switchback).
It is long, but does a pretty good job showing the features (including electric dump bed) and capabilities.

They are sold by Cabela's and Mahindra is supposed to sell them: mahindra-xtv

I still want one of these.

Thanks for the link - looks like a really nice machine. I spoke with the closest dealer to me (200 miles away) and while they've sold plenty of the gas and a couple of diesel, they haven't sold an electric model. I also called Intimidator directly and spoke with one of the regional sales reps. He was very knowledgeable about the product and believes it would work well for my situation. Unfortunately, it's been kind of a niche market and they've only sold about 200 48V units since introduction.

I have a call into Cabelas near me - they have gas models but no electric on display. They're investigating options for a test drive of the electric, though in any case, seems like I would be an early adopter at best. I'm somewhat reluctant to make this steep of an investment without more information and actual owner experiences to consider.

I'm also considering the lead-acid battery life as well - lithium ion is coming down in cost, but it's still very expensive. That said, there are already companies offering 48V conversions for golf carts. The Intimidator appears to have a standard golf cart battery setup and with prices coming down, the battery upgrade in several years could be the equivalent of what a lead-acid battery replacement costs now. Based on reviews of some of the other electric UTV's, it seems like 4 years is not an uncommon replacement point for lead-acid batteries.

Thanks again for the info.

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #13  
The Polaris Ranger EV now has a Lithium-Ion option... adds about 5 grand to an already expensive ATV.

I have a donor lithium electric car that I would like to transfer the batteries and components to a UTV. I don't have the skills or have friends close enough to make it practical who have the skills. The car is NOT suitable for off-roading use as is... I got stuck (for a few minutes) in 3" or 4" of sand on level ground!

Since Polaris can do Li-Ion, I'm hoping Intimidator will offer that. Then I would buy instead of dreaming. :dance1:

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #14  
Polaris has seemed to be having production problems with their new Li-I model. But there is also the option of the seemingly very well engineered and thought out aftermarket Li-I conversion kit for the Polaris EV. My plan is to nurse along the lead-acid batteries in my Polaris EV for 4-5 years and then pull the trigger on the Li-I conversion when prices are (hopefully) lower.

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #15  
I have a Bad Boy 48v, 4wd, 2008 model. Steep is not what this tool is designed for. Mine is way too light in the front end to get up the hill behind my house to my stand back there. My 25 yr old Honda 4x4 makes it every time. At all my other places, it is great, almost silent and has never let me down. I've been through 3 sets of batteries and 2 chargers since I've owned it. $1000 a pop for batteries and around $300 for the chargers.

It is for sale, just replaced the batteries again last month. $5000.00.

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV
Thanks, I went to the dealer with the intent to come home with the machine, and we dickered over the price...he was several hundred over the website's MSRP price, and the longer I dickered with him, the more it hit me I was about to spend 10 grand on a toy.....so I left.

Came home, put a 3" lift kit and new set of tires/wheels on my Club Car, and decided with the more aggressive tread on the new tires, and 700 bucks spent on the stuff, I was fairly close to what I'd get with the BBoy, and 9300 bucks ahead. I also didn't care for the 'seat-to-dash' room in the BBoy, and harder to swing my feet in because of the angled plate at the base of the roll cage.

Interesting you're averaging 3 years on a set of batteries.....replaced the Club Car's set this past summer after 6 years of use.

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #17  
Mine gets almost daily use over a mountain road to the closest market by myself, family, and neighbors. It's about 1.5 mile off road and 2 miles of wide open running on a back paved road. During part of the hunting season I take it to family land that has 12 miles of dirt and rock trails that 4 of us use to get to stands, beer and food runs for 2 weeks every year too. This thing has been very well used and aside from one broken weld in the first week, has been bullet proof. I can't count how many deer and recently Elk this thing has hauled.

/ Bad Boy 72v electric UTV #18  
Friend has this model.Loves it! He and I are both away, far away, so I don't have more details.

"My "Badboy Buggy" is the 72V ac (9-8Volt batts), ( 2-19 HP motors), all electric model.. it has great range.. minimum 4 hours run time.. They do offer a hybrid which can charge on the fly.."
Hope this helps...