Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe)

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #1  

PedroWelshie

Tractor
Old BX2200 D
Evening,

Thinking about adding a FEL to my old BX2200D - I don't know the year, but its been around the block a bit. Only really gets used for towing a trailer of logs or cutting grass with a 60" deck. I want to be able to do more with it....ideally hedge cutting or adding a FEL. It seems the three point connection is limited though?

Any suggestions?

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #2  
Finding a compatible FEL for a 20 year old machine might be a tough row to hoe as they were re-designed a few years later. (I own a BX22 which is the same machine as yours but issued with a FEL and BH..'had a BX2200 for a year or so before I traded for the BX22 and the extra utility) I see to remember another thread asking about the same awhile ago and don't believe there was much that came of it then, but I could be wrong about that.

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #3  
I have a BX2200 which we have had since about 2002 and it was used when I got it with maybe 200 hours on it. Mine has a FEL on it. The most useful tool one can think of for so many things -- debris removal, snow removal, carting fertilizer and mulch around, ... endlessly useful depending on what you need to do. What DO YOU NEED TO DO ?? What does hedge cutting have to do with a FEL or 3pt hitch? Maybe you can elaborate and tell us more of what you mean by "hedge cutting?"

Based on what very little we know so far of your situation or your tractor I would probably do this:
1) decide what applications really matter & are top priority to you to be done with this machine. Towing a trailer load of logs is NOT a typical robust capability of a BX2200. Mowing grass with the 60" deck is the real bread and butter of a BX2200. 2) Decide/get experienced advice as to whether the BX2200 is the right machine for your jobs -- like is it big enough, etc. 3) If seasoned advice says the BX2200 is a good size and capability for what you want to do, then first go look for a BX2200 or similar size and power machine that already has a FEL on it. Unless you have some very strong (financial?) reason to do your jobs with that existing BX2200 you are probably better off finding one with a FEL already on it because the FELs are expensive, not very often found loose and ready to install, and a big job to install unless you have a pretty serious shop of your own. All kinds of issues.

Your BX2200 is still a very marketable useful machine if it is in decent condition and not a beat up wreck. How many hours on it? Is the mower deck in good shape? Go on to Tractor House or a similar on-line used equipment auction and sales sites and do some looking around. You may be surprised.

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #4  
The LA211 loader is the oem loader accessory for that tractor. If your are fortunate enough to find one you will need the complete assembly as you have none of it. You can also add an after market loader like Koyker if you're up to it and have the shop facilities. Be prepared to pay upwards of $5000 for new after market. Used will be less. A different tractor which comes with a loader is a good option. Good luck.

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe)
The LA211 loader is the oem loader accessory for that tractor. If your are fortunate enough to find one you will need the complete assembly as you have none of it. You can also add an after market loader like Koyker if you're up to it and have the shop facilities. Be prepared to pay upwards of $5000 for new after market. Used will be less. A different tractor which comes with a loader is a good option. Good luck.
Thanks All - Will keep my eye out for something in the UK.

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #6  
Thanks All - Will keep my eye out for something in the UK.
You are located in the UK? The used equipment market might be a lot different there than in the states. I would still think the BX2200 would have good resale value if you choose to get a different one.

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #7  
Evening,

Thinking about adding a FEL to my old BX2200D - I don't know the year, but its been around the block a bit. Only really gets used for towing a trailer of logs or cutting grass with a 60" deck. I want to be able to do more with it....ideally hedge cutting or adding a FEL. It seems the three point connection is limited though?

Any suggestions?
I have a small salvage yard for Kubota b and bx in northeast Alabama and currently have a bx2230 with loader i am parting out.

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #8  
I have a small salvage yard for Kubota b and bx in northeast Alabama and currently have a bx2230 with loader i am parting out.
Shipping to the UK may be a tad expensive... ;)

/ Advice on after sales FEL for an old BX2200 D (pre-2000 maybe) #10  
It may be cheaper to find a tractor that alreaty has a loader on it. If you feel the need to keep the current one find the same model with a loader now you have a loader, all the parts needed and a parts machine.