30 Second tractor canopy!

/ 30 Second tractor canopy! #2  
Very nice! Coroplast is a lot like pvc pipe.... You can make anything. I made Coroplast RC airplanes years ago, and they were almost indestructible.

Last edited:
   / 30 Second tractor canopy! #3  
Video recommends welding brackets to ROP... generally not a good idea for various reasons such as warranty, integrity, etc...

/ 30 Second tractor canopy!
You are right. The brackets are not welded but there is no reason not to. I did that originally because of the warranty and now I know how much tractor MFG care about honoring their warranties. That is why I would weld it now if I had to do it again. It would not change the integrity of the ROPS to weld that up there anymore than attaching something with heavy brackets (as I did). Either way it's up to the tractor owner to make that decision.

Just a question: If I weld hooks on to my bucket does that void the warranty if anything goes out? For that matter does any mod break the warranty?

/ 30 Second tractor canopy! #5  
Given the amount of electronic components on tractors these days, I personally will not electric weld anything to my tractor. When I made some modifications to my box blade, I took it off the tractor first.

/ 30 Second tractor canopy! #6  
You are right. The brackets are not welded but there is no reason not to. I did that originally because of the warranty and now I know how much tractor MFG care about honoring their warranties. That is why I would weld it now if I had to do it again. It would not change the integrity of the ROPS to weld that up there anymore than attaching something with heavy brackets (as I did). Either way it's up to the tractor owner to make that decision.

Just a question: If I weld hooks on to my bucket does that void the warranty if anything goes out? For that matter does any mod break the warranty?
I was thinking more of resale at a later date…

My CAT Dozer dealer simply refuses to do any ROPS cutting/welding alteration unless sanctioned by CAT…

My guess is this is careful avoidance of to be involved in the event of a rollover claim?

Seen some strange lawsuits where even defending costs a fortune.

The manufacturer of a WWII era punch press was sued when operator lost 3 fingers as well as just about anyone else remotely connected…

The press manufacturer said the press had been modified by Department of Defense Contractor and the retrofit guards offer less protection than no guard as it provided a false sense of safety…

All I know is my friend lost 3 fingers and several years later nothing resolved…

Last edited:
   / 30 Second tractor canopy!
Given the amount of electronic components on tractors these days, I personally will not electric weld anything to my tractor. When I made some modifications to my box blade, I took it off the tractor first.
How would electric welding damage something on the tractor? Have you experienced damage of some sort from welding? I just welded a bunch of hooks on my trailer that has an electronic controller. I hope it didn't get damaged.

/ 30 Second tractor canopy! #8  
Depends on current path...

Motor home was having a trailer hitch installed and mig welder used and alternator on motor home toast...

You might call it an abundance of caution in the era of more and more electronics...

/ 30 Second tractor canopy! #9  
Electrical arcing through a rolling element bearing will also lead to damage and early failure. As ultrarunner noted, it's dependent on current path, be very cautious with where you ground in relation to the component being welded.