3 pt Helper

/ 3 pt Helper #1  

LarryT

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I have found that a pointed prybar is a big help in attaching 3pt attachments. It allows you to "pry" the implements into alignment with the 3pt attach points. Problem is, where is the prybar when you need it? I've lost two of them already by storing them in holes on the stabilizer bars but somehow they come out. Guess I'll find them with the mower some day. Anyway, I decided to do something about it today. I drilled a big hole in the box blade and drilled and tapped two holes for a clamp. Now I slide the prybar through the clamp and into the hole in the box blade (see photo). I couldn't find a suitable place on the tractor but I figure I'm either putting the box blade on, or taking it off. In either case, it's nearby. Best of all Harv, I didn't even use the welder!

Larry...

/ 3 pt Helper
For some reason my photos didn't attach. Here is the first one.

Larry...

Attachments

• 37-36212-106-0681_IMG.JPG
    37-36212-106-0681_IMG.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 245
   / 3 pt Helper
Here is the second one.

Larry...

Attachments

• 37-36214-106-0680_IMG.JPG
    37-36214-106-0680_IMG.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 227
   / 3 pt Helper #4  
<font color=blue>I didn't even use the welder!</font color=blue>

I can certainly appreciate that, Larry! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Of course, I plan on getting a MIG welder.
And a cutting torch.
And a tip 'n' tilt.
And a hydraulic ripper box.
And a sprayer.
And a landscape rake.
And a 4-in-1.
And ...
And ...
/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ 3 pt Helper #5  
Larry,

Nice set up. I especially like the tip and tilt hydrolics on for your 3 pt work. How hard and how much was that to do?

Bill Cook

/ 3 pt Helper
Bill, there has been LOTS of posts on the subject of T&T over the past few months. Bird just completed his. My dealer sells the kit less hoses for $720. The hoses have to be custom for each type of tractor. They have hose sizes for all Kubota and NH tractors. Take a look back at the whole T&T thread for lots of information.

Larry...