Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #1  

MrJimi

Elite Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
Case 1845 C Skid steer
I purchased a container of Pramitol 25 E and the directions are not clear to me, it says so many gallons per acre ? I need to know how many ounces per gallon of water, I sprayed last Sunday ( pump up sprayer ) at 2 ounces per gallon and it does not show that I did anything, This is expensive and I do not want to waste it and should it be sprayed heavy or light
Thanks
Jim with lots of weeds :D

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #2  
Your label should list the rates for different types of application equipment (i.e. low volume broadcast, hand held sprayer application etc.) I'd be really surprised if the label doesn't list the application rate for using handheld or backpack sprayer.

Alternately, if you have to calculate it the hard way:

It will typically list the amount of product to be used per acre and will usually give a recommended dilution rate. As an example: 1/2 gallon of product per acre, with a total spray volume of 5 gallon per acre for good coverage. This means that your sprayer should be calibrated to spray 5 gallons of mix on 1 acre and that mix would consist of a total of 1/2 gallon of active product. You'd have to make some assumptions on how many gallons of solution your handheld sprayer would apply to an acre and do the math. If you can find a make and model number on your spray tip, the vendors site may have some charts to help.

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help
My sprayer Is a Hudson 2 gallon hand held unit?
I mixed another batch today at 6 ounces per gallon ?=$$ and I will see next week
Thanks
Jim
:)

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #5  
You need to post the percent concentration of Pramitol you're using. I Googled and found a Bonide Pramitol 2.2% 1 gallon that covered 500 square feet for $17.17. Doesn't sound like it goes very far.

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help
tallyho8 said:
I hope you spray a different area or you won't know if the weeds just now died from the first spraying or the second one.:confused:

:D Too late for that, maybe my weeds will be double dead, I hope.
And DocHeb, I mixed six ounces of Pramitol 25 E to one hundred and twenty eight ounces of water/ one gallon. I hope to have dead weeds soon, I wish they would pick themselves up after they die. That would be real nice
Jim
:)

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #7  
I used the Pramitol for the first time this spring. It does not produce a fast kill/burndown. But once the weeds are down, they stay down.

You're right, it doesn't go very far... I mixed 16oz in 3 gallons of water (5.3 ounces/gallon). Seems to work fairly well. If I remember correctly, this is a little "lean" on the pramitol... I wanted to get two 3 gallon batches out of my quart container. Your 6oz/gallon mix should work just fine. It just takes time to work.

If you want faster burndown, I'd go with something like glyphosphate (Roundup) or Amine 2,4-D first, then after the weeds are gone, spray the bare ground with the Pramitol for residual control. That way you get the maximum amount of Pramitol on the ground. That's the approach I'm going to use next spring.

Last edited:
   / Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #8  
I have never used Pramitol although I have seen it at TSC. Most of the herbicides I have used recommended a rate of 2% to a max of 4% dilution. Usually, I use a dilution rate of 2.5%. That is 2-1/2 gallons in 100 gallons of water.

One thing though, they never act as fast as they advertise or show on TV. With me it's never been a case of spray one day and they are all dead the next. The best thing is to spray and forget about them for a week before going back to check on the effects. Using a surfactant in the mix will also help increase the effectiveness. Be careful about mixing up super strong solutions of herbicides because, depending on what you are using, some of them can linger in the soil and make it where nothing will grow for a long time.

/ Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #9  
   / Pramitol 25 E ( weed killer ) users, I need your help #10  
I purchased a container of Pramitol 25 E and the directions are not clear to me, it says so many gallons per acre ? I need to know how many ounces per gallon of water, I sprayed last Sunday ( pump up sprayer ) at 2 ounces per gallon and it does not show that I did anything, This is expensive and I do not want to waste it and should it be sprayed heavy or light
Thanks
Jim with lots of w

Be carefull with Pramitol, It sterilizes the soil for years. The one we used was for along railroad tracks and bar ditches. If it comes a heavy rain and washes it out in the grass it can strip your lawn, One fellow took some home to put around trees so he would not have to weed eat, It killed his huge oak trees. I dont know what you have , Im just saying be careful with pramitol.