Protection from or Deterrants for Deer?

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #131  
We drove in some T-posts, strung string between the posts and hung bars of Irish Spring soap between the T-posts. stopped the deer from nibbling off our sweet patato greens.
How do you stop the soap from getting wet and breaking down?

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #132  
You don't. Use a type of mesh material around the soap bar and when it has completely, or nearly completely, dissolved/melted put another bar of soap in the mesh.

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #133  
You don't. Use a type of mesh material around the soap bar and when it has completely, or nearly completely, dissolved/melted put another bar of soap in the mesh.
Seems like it would be messy, did find out the mice here like to eat the soap :unsure:
Might try this on edge of the garden.

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #134  
I did that several years ago. Bought Irish Spring in a bulk pack. Took an old hunting knife I got in a junk box at auction and cut in quarters. It cuts very easy. Took a 1/4" drill bit also from a junk box, and drilled holes in those pieces. Ran a zip tie through them and hung from T-posts holding the electric fence.

It did seem to help. The scent seemed to be renewed after each rain. Even the quarter pieces lasted all Summer.

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #135  
I have no idea what works, but tried tree nets once and complete disaster. Pain in the neck to install and remove. Deer and groundhogs still got the apples and the branches grew through the holes in the netting. Tried other things, hair, soap, scented products, etc.

Now days, I have an orchard of apple and peach trees, all loaded with fruit every year, and never get any of it. But it is fun to see how much fruit I can produce for the animals...

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #136  
A 3D electric fence doesn't look like it would actually work but it does. I've only had 1 deer get in my garden or corn plot since starting using it 4 years ago. Deer are around it pretty much every day. For trees I use 5' concrete mesh wrapped in a 6' circle around the trees when they are planted. That gets quite a few years before it needs to be expanded

/ Protection from or Deterrants for Deer? #137  
Electric fence will work for sure;cost a little more to start but will last the season and future seasons.Two rows are required with the second(inside) not electrified.

I'd weave the fence around a bit inside the garden. And have it all hot.