Gas cooktop - Where's the heat?

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #41  
Induction is nice if you can afford to replace everything.

There is one thing only the gas can do right...directly char my peppers over an open flame so I can remove the outer skin.

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat?
I can't remember if I updated this thread or not. I had the appliance folks come out and check the stove. They said the orifices were not correct and replaced all 5. I got lots of heat now. So much in fact that lots of times I have to move the pan to the tiniest burner on low or I get too much heat! I like the gas cooktop now.

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat? #43  
That's interesting. And pretty unusual.

Did they say that the appliance regulator on the bottom of the cooktop was set correctly?

Can you turn the burners down low enough to simmer or slow cook when needed?

Kinda sounds like they put NG orifices back in. OR, you simply had the wrong size LP orifices -- which would be pretty strange since both sets come with the cooktop from the factory.

Thanks for the update! Glad it will boil water now!!

Still a pseudo-mystery as to how it happened . . .

/ Gas cooktop - Where's the heat?
The regulator was set correctly. It was the individual burner orifices that were incorrect. Apparently there was basically a grab bag of options in the propane conversion kit like 10-15 for only 5 burners. The stove has colored paint marks in each burner and the card with the orifices had a few with matching colors. When it was converted prior to install, the crew apparently just matched color for color. But for whatever reason the instructions were clear on what size orifice was needed per burner and it did not match color for color. Most of the burners have noticeably higher flames than they did before. The tech also adjusted each valve for the proper flame height. That may have had as much effect on heat as the orifices?