Drain field vs tractor

/ Drain field vs tractor #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Should I be concerned with running over my drain field with my L2501 FEL backhoe assy?
New construction home I’m building, corrugated half round plastic drain field maybe 2ft in diam.
I installed myself while the experts watched me clean up their installation.
I’m assuming that the old story of don’t run over drain field was when we had clay pipe that could easily snap?

/ Drain field vs tractor #2  
Should I be concerned with running over my drain field with my L2501 FEL backhoe assy?
New construction home I’m building, corrugated half round plastic drain field maybe 2ft in diam.
I installed myself while the experts watched me clean up their installation.
I’m assuming that the old story of don’t run over drain field was when we had clay pipe that could easily snap?
My place is deep sand. The pipes in the leach field are at least 24" deep. I have run over mine with tractors, trucks and trailers. So far there doesn't seem to be any damage. Grass gets green and there is not any water coming to the surface.

/ Drain field vs tractor #3  
My place is deep sand. The pipes in the leach field are at least 24" deep. I have run over mine with tractors, trucks and trailers. So far there doesn't seem to be any damage. Grass gets green and there is not any water coming to the surface.
This has been my experience too. I’m mindful of the drain field and I don’t spend any more time than necessary but, after many years, there hasn’t been any issues.

Mike

/ Drain field vs tractor #4  
Your machine is roughly 3,500lbs. I believe those leach chambers have a spec on what weight rating they can withstand if you search long enough.

I have them in my yard also but avoid that area with my tractor because it's easy to. I have lots of clay so when its soft I avoid useing the tractor at all costs. When the clay is hard I dont worry about driving on things. I have driven over both my plastic septic tanks many times.

/ Drain field vs tractor #6  
Not unless it is unavoidable. Takes a while for soil to settle in.

/ Drain field vs tractor #7  
Been running over mine for years. Trucks tractors etc. never an issue. Do avoid the septic tank itself though.

/ Drain field vs tractor #8  
I void driving on drainage/leach field,for it's 40+ years old and still working very well.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Drain field vs tractor #10  
I’d drive that tractor over a gravel leech field everyday and not worry. The plastic chambers aren’t as durable. As long as the soil has sufficiently settled in and it’s sufficiently dry it should be ok over the chambers. The best answer is still to not do it.