Any Tricks removing a Massey 232 Loader

/ Any Tricks removing a Massey 232 Loader #1  

Rford

Gold Member
Tractor
1966 Ford 2000 Diesel 8sp
I've got to overhaul my 231 diesel engine. While waiting for the service manual, I think I'll pull off the front end loader. It looks pretty straight-forward, some pins, maybe a pump connection, a couple hoses. I figure its got to be pretty self explanatory, but is there any tips or "watch out for this" issues I need to know about.

/ Any Tricks removing a Massey 232 Loader
I can now answer my own question, because I went out this morning and took it off. Easy. Two large pins on the bottom front...they have handles so they are easy to locate. Take the pressure off them by putting the bucket on the ground, you might have to jimmy it up or down a bit. They should pull right out. Then run the lift as though you are putting it all the way up, but since the pins are out the bucket will stay on the round....all the way up so the bucket frame will clear the tractor frame. Then unhook the front pump...two carriage type bolts, lift the pump out, hang it on the bucket frame.

Check to see if anyone has zip tied or taped any wires etc. onto the hydraulic lines.

Back up the tractor, make sure you clear and the hoses aren't getting pinched.There really isn't any torque or pressure on the frame with the bucket on the ground.

Everything comes off together....bucket, bracket, pump, controls. Good design.

/ Any Tricks removing a Massey 232 Loader #3  
Thank you! I was hoping someone would reply, as I just bought a MF 240 with the same loader. I really don't want a loader, so I plan to remove it and hopefully sell it. Anyone need a loader? Thanks again for your self reply. I thought it looked pretty simple. I just took a loader off a Kubota M 6800. It was lots more complicated and heavier. Keep us informed about your progress

Those loaders are worth some good money....don't give it away.

I'll bet its a lot harder to remove the loader brackets that remain on the tractor, even thought its probably just nuts and bolts.

/ Any Tricks removing a Massey 232 Loader #5  
Those loaders are worth some good money....don't give it away.

I'll bet its a lot harder to remove the loader brackets that remain on the tractor, even thought its probably just nuts and bolts.

What's this loader worth if it includes everything needed? Its is decent condition, just need paint.

Right now on KC Craiglist there are two similar MF loaders and they are priced at $2800 and $3200.