Experience with Fecon carriers?

/ Experience with Fecon carriers? #1  

ALittleDirtWontHurt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Gyrotrac GT-25, Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, Rayco C140, Polaris ATP 500
Looking at a Fecon FTX130FM to supplement my PT-100 Forestry mulcher. Anybody out there run one of these? Hydraulic specs look as though it should have a good deal more cutting power, but I'm not convinced a 130 horse motor will do it that much better than the PT.

/ Experience with Fecon carriers? #2  
ALittleDirtWontHurt:
I am the SE Region Manager for Fecon and I saw this post. I would be happy to help with more information, please feel free to contact me at fplotts@fecon.com or 513.429.9383. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
Frank Plotts

/ Experience with Fecon carriers? #3  
There's lots of guys on here with 130's and 140's I'm sure they'll chime in. Yes it will kill your PT but they both have they're gremlins. Do a search and you'll see.

/ Experience with Fecon carriers? #4  
Make dang sure it's got all the upgrades on it, there's a long list of upgrades that were supposed to have been done to them. Most important is the final drives, and relief valves to lower the pressure to the finals. Plates welded on the c frame or slotted lugs on the lift arms, these are the most important but there's still a good bit more. I would stay away from the 130 they had alot of problems with the motors in 130's, the 140 would be the way to go. Call Rayco an get the list of what should have been done as far as upgrades go, they built them and painted it fecon red.

/ Experience with Fecon carriers? #5  
Fecon will blow your PT-100 away any day of the week...... dont hurt either that Fecon has one of the best service and support groups of any forestry equipment manufacturers!!!!!!!

/ Experience with Fecon carriers?
I'd be all over a 148 ideally (or something similar), but I found a pretty decent deal on a low hour 130. Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot. Business is picking up for me so I need a supplemental machine, but not yet to the point that I could swing a bigger 250+ HP unit.

/ Experience with Fecon carriers? #7  
Don't kid your self the 148 has a long list of updates too. I liked the power it was pretty good but the lift arms etc were garbage. Especially if you had anyone running it that was a little rammy. I put a CIMAF head on mine. The 140's are cheap and cut good. The engine in the 130's had problems the Deutz.

How bad are the Deutz issues?

How would a Fecon 130/140 compare with a Supertrak 140?