Grading BX mid-mount Grader blade

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #1  

brinet

Bronze Member
IF this were available, how many people would be interested? What if the mounting device allowed other mid-operable implements to be interchanged for the blade? ex. power rake?

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #2  
I think I am way too spoiled by the quick hitch 3pt attachments, such that getting attachments under and out from under the belly of my tractor would be a pain where I sit.

But, over the years, I have thought that a grader blade underneath (like a real grader) would be the cat's pj's. However, there would have to be a lot more room to do anything with it. Maybe the hi mount tractors would work best. Then, a longer wheel base would work better, and more degrees of freedom to move the blade. Pretty soon, wahlah, we have a real grader. Sorry to have rambled on a bit.
Your thoughts were good and it will be interesting to learn what others think.

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #3  
SOUNDS GOOD IN THEORY but would be a pain to get on and off, don't think i would go for it.

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #4  
Is this what your looking for.

Attachments

• 526564-TMP3.JPG
    526564-TMP3.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 2,766
   / BX mid-mount Grader blade
Kinda, but much less elegant and much smaller scale. I was thinking of using the loader control for up/down and tilt. Blade angle would be manual like many rear blades are. The controls in that picture make me dizzy! Even if ALL the controls were manual, it would make a really neat toy, uh tool.

I think I have a design that would be super easy to mount and reasonably inexpensive.

I have thought of a million applications (well maybe not quite that many) for such a blade. Cart paths, trails, finish grading, just to name a few.

Thanks for the picture. I have seen this blade before. However, their web site has no information on this product. I must be looking in the wrong place! Do they still make this product?

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #6  
Look in the photo section. Search under 'grouserproducts'. They have several pictures posted but nothing as small as a BX.

Don

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #7  
Grouser currently is not making a belly blade for the BX tractors. We do get calls about putting our belly blade on the smaller compact tractors. One thing that we do not promote yet is the blade itself is on a quick attach system. The reason for the quick attch is to put other attachments on as a mid-mount. (scarfires, rakes, brooms......) Once we get the other attachments designed and the kinks worked out we will be promoting this feature more. The photo here does show what the system looks like when the blade is unhooked. grouser@grouser.com , Grouser Web Page

Attachments

• 532659-P5040002r1.jpg
    532659-P5040002r1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,417
   / BX mid-mount Grader blade #8  
They were somewhat popular on old Farmalls. You could get a belly blade on an "A" or a Cub.

Seems to me it would be the cat's meow. But, a Farmall "A" has a lot more clearance than the relatively low sitting CUTS of today(I have the Famrall A, but no belly blade /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif yet...)

/ BX mid-mount Grader blade #9  
Poking around and found this old thread. Anyone know if Grouser now make the mid mount grader blade to fit a BX 23?