Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,691  
ding ding ding ding
massive solar flare tonight
some of you have walls of electronics
might be wise to take a defensive posture.
if anyone is a ham radio operator, boy I bet this will be a noisy night

wish there was software that would show where solar flare will hit Earth and when
maybe it's going to get Australia and not us.
I wonder what all the satellite receiving stations are going to do. Could it damage Starlink?
Allegedly, in worst case, this can take down electrical grids.
now that would not be good at all.

got gas?

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,693  
ding ding ding ding
massive solar flare tonight
some of you have walls of electronics
might be wise to take a defensive posture.
if anyone is a ham radio operator, boy I bet this will be a noisy night

wish there was software that would show where solar flare will hit Earth and when
maybe it's going to get Australia and not us.
I wonder what all the satellite receiving stations are going to do. Could it damage Starlink?
Allegedly, in worst case, this can take down electrical grids.
now that would not be good at all.

got gas?
You know….. ive Never seen actual damage from a solar flair….and im in the electrical trade.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,695  
You know….. ive Never seen actual damage from a solar flair….and im in the electrical trade.
that doesn't surprise me, you deal with pretty heavy duty stuff.
Strong metal wires.
Thick posts

it's the MOSFETs and IC's and who knows what that runs on microvolts that aren't always well armed against these events.
I think this is more a telecommunication issue.
Guess we will find out if all those Starlink satellites had enough shielding

I bet out in New Mexico they are buying up all the tin foil and making hats... ;)

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,696  
That Starlink thread on here is pretty active.... will be interesting to see if anything is reported this wknd.

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,697  
Have been running my little generator about every other day on my sons house build but today our electric went out for about 5 hours. I do love the small inverters for light loads. Need to get an hour meter on it.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#6,698  
Have been running my little generator about every other day on my sons house build but today our electric went out for about 5 hours. I do love the small inverters for light loads. Need to get an hour meter on it.

The small gens are popular (easy to move !), and cover a lot of needs. If you're gen doesn't have 12v on-board, those vibration-type (3600rpm) hour-meters shouldn't be hard to find (ex. Briggs used to list them online).

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #6,699  
My son found out how occasionally running and running them dry helps when you really need them to run when you need it. Friday a.m. N. Florida had a storm that knocked down tree and took out power lines. His 3500/4800 watt gen is running his refrigerator and freezer and a fan and lights. He has a camper it will run so he can use the a/c.