Snow plow ? Beginner

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #41  
Back in the "old" days Meyer made a plow hitch that was "universsal" fit for tractors. The plow hitch part was the same as used on truck mount plows. You cut and drilled the irons to fit your tractor. Then you could use either the Meyer hydraulic unit or tractor hydraulics to raise the blade.
Possibly you could find a truck mount for your truck and another to put on your tractor, then the blade would have minimal work to exchange between vehicles.
There is one problem that could happen with using angle on a tractor--truck lift units have a relief valve on the angle circuit. If you hit something on the extreme end of the blade there is a lot of force tranmitted thru the frame and into thr hydraulic angle circuit. It can cause a lot of damage quickly. If you use tractor hydraulics for angling be sure to install a relief valve in the angle circuit to prevent damage.

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #43  
Though I've had tractors most of my life, I've never had or used a snow plow. I'd like to get a plow for my L3301 quick attach but also would like to use it on my pickup occasionally swapping back and forth rather easily.
Is there an adaptor or way to do this without a bunch of bolting/unbolting to move it from one to the other?

Forgive me if this is absurdly simple. As I said. I've never had a snow plow but moving to Vermont and getting a huge circular driveway paved this year has my 60 year old back and push behind snow blower cringing as winter approaches.

Thank you,
Lenny
You will need to make an adapter for the truck mount. I bolted my complete mount to my bucket, but later removed the truck unit and turned it into a quasi 3 point and will fabricate that mount to an SSQA. Currently I have a heavy 7.5' Meyers, but the Western quick connect I recently picked up is much lighter.

Attachments

• IMG_7735ccc.jpg
    IMG_7735ccc.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
   / Snow plow ? Beginner #44  
45 years ago Late 70's, I used a western plow mounted on the bucket arms of a John Deere 830 with a pin on bucket. It was done with a kit that you welded tabs onto the plow a frame at the right spacing for the arms and a pair for the bucket cylinder. No chain used and by using the cylinder I was able to scrape a little more of needed. Worked real well but I had to get off and on to angle. I added a 3way valve to the bucket circuit to lock it so it didn't drift down and I could then add power angle. Living in central NY and working for a school district I was able to clear out all the parking and sidewalks in 2-4 hours for 2 schools and the bus garage . this was a 2 wheel drive. I have a power angle frame mount I made for my 8N I plow with but wouldn't hesitate to adapt a plow to my Kubota L2501dt loader if I didn't.

Bill

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #45  
I also have an l3301 and use it to plow a 2500 Ft gravel driveway here in the Catskills .I have had very good luck with a quick attach 84" blade that seems to be just right . No problem at all
stacking snow up quite high. I have a front remote to angle. Also important to mention that chains are a must. There should be plows like this available

Attachments

• plow quick attach.pdf
    119.1 KB · Views: 75
   / Snow plow ? Beginner #46  
Though I've had tractors most of my life, I've never had or used a snow plow. I'd like to get a plow for my L3301 quick attach but also would like to use it on my pickup occasionally swapping back and forth rather easily.
Is there an adaptor or way to do this without a bunch of bolting/unbolting to move it from one to the other?

Forgive me if this is absurdly simple. As I said. I've never had a snow plow but moving to Vermont and getting a huge circular driveway paved this year has my 60 year old back and push behind snow blower cringing as winter approaches.

Thank you,
Lenny
I have a JD Quick hitch with a 60” plow. Gravel drive so I took a 2” schedule 40 pipe 60” long and made a slit in it the width of the blade on the bottom. The blade rests on the inside bottom of the pipe and I drilled holes all the way through to hold it on. Works amazingly well. Moves the snow but the round pipe bottom doesn’t grab the gravel. Very little gravel cleanup in the yard come spring.

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #47  
About 12 years ago I bought a Snowsport plow that fits in a 2" receiver. I have used it on the front/rear of the tractor, rear of the truck, front of the RTV900, and front of the Toolcat and really like it. Anything with a receiver can be a plow vehicle. It is self floating and won't dig into the yard or gravel. It can be angled but use it straight most of the time like this video. The frame uses 2" solid steel to fit in the receiver and is well made. I have it on the Toolcat loader now and can make huge piles of snow. There are many videos of this plow in use. Also sold under the DR Redi-plow name. Look for lightly used ones!

I'll second that. I have had one on my yanmar YM 2210D for 10 years, and it works great. I put a 2" removable hitch on the front loader lower lip, and it will move 3' or 4' of snow easily. I also have a 2" hitch below the front bumper of my F150, and I can move the blade between the vehicles easily. Cost effective, and not much wear and tear on either vehicle.

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #48  

Thank you,
Lenny
Too many variables size of driveway being the biggest southern vt means snow but not usually feet at a time

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #49  
Thanks everyone. I have lived here two years. First year was shovel, bucket, and a heavy back blade. Next year was a 36" walk behind blower and the rear blade on a gravel driveway.
This year I expanded the driveway and had it paved so I want to NOT dig holes in it like the back blade and bucket did.
My rear tires are filled, and I carry a 400 lb counter weight

I don't have a truck per se. The company provides me one and my 49 chevy pickup is too nice to plow with. I plan on getting a 3/4 or 1 ton flatbed 4wd when the time comes but i haven't since it would be sitting too much right now.

I guess the choice is getting to just getting one for the tractor. I'm thinking the 7'6" model to match the L3301's size.
Now to decide to get a mounted one for the front and remove the loader for the winter or a quick attach. I have third function already (diverter) and a 4 valve rear out(s) setup.
Ok look into a 6 ft snow pusher I use a 8ft on my 50hp tractor and I am very happy with it a angle plow blade will just push the tractor sideways

/ Snow plow ? Beginner #50  

Thank you,
Lenny
I have a Kubota 2650 with a front mount snowblower. I also have a plow that uses the same attachment. If you dont want to go that way I would
suggest a plow on your pickup.