What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase?

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #11  
Hello,
I've been looking at the kubota b3200 hst. It seems to have everything I am looking for in an acreage tractor, mid mower, loader, and rear 3pt attachments I'll be needing. I've test drove this model and liked it. But not sure on best bang for my buck.
What are the comparable models from other manufacturers?
I have a kubota dealer very close and a JD dealer within a reasonable distance but haven't been there to look. The stigma around JD has kept me away( high pricing). I also have a Massey and New holland dealers close.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest doing a search on the model mentioned and also the horsepower range you are considering... Then post back with questions ... Lots of owners with experience here -ready to help
good Luck on your search

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #12  
Hello,
I've been looking at the kubota b3200 hst. It seems to have everything I am looking for in an acreage tractor, mid mower, loader, and rear 3pt attachments I'll be needing. I've test drove this model and liked it. But not sure on best bang for my buck.
What are the comparable models from other manufacturers?
I have a kubota dealer very close and a JD dealer within a reasonable distance but haven't been there to look. The stigma around JD has kept me away( high pricing). I also have a Massey and New holland dealers close.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Kubota B3200, they have legendary reliability. Deere is very good too and you may very well have a good dealer so I would not rule them out. I'd suggest at least going and seeing them. They have field cred. Massey has put out some nice larger tractors I have been impressed with, I don't know about the smaller end of their line or about NH. Best bang for the buck at the time you buy it might not be 5 years from now unless you buy a proven brand.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #13  
Kubota
Original price (USD): $15,008 (2011)

Kubota B3200 Engine:
Kubota 1.5L 4-cyl diesel
full engine details ...

Capacity:
Fuel: 8.1 gal [30.7 L]
Hydraulic system: 3.8 gal [14.4 L]

3-Point Hitch:
Rear Type: I
Rear lift (at ends): 1,655 lbs [750 kg]
Rear lift (at 24"/610mm): 1,300 lbs [589 kg]

Power Take-off (PTO):
Rear PTO: live
Rear RPMs: 540
Engine RPMs: 540@2600
Mid PTO: optional
Mid RPMs: 2500
Engine RPMs: 2500@2578

Dimensions & Tires:
Wheelbase: 65.6 inches [166 cm]
Weight: 1,764 lbs [800 kg]
Front tire: 7-12
Rear tire: 12.4-16
full dimensions and tires ...

Kubota B3200 attachments:
mowing deck
front-end loader
backhoe
all B3200 attachments ...

B3200 Serial Numbers:

- Serial numbers unknown -

Kubota B3200 Power:
Engine (gross): 32 hp [23.9 kW]
PTO (claimed): 23 hp [17.2 kW]

Mechanical:
Chassis: 4x4 MFWD 4WD
Steering: power
Brakes: wet disc
Cab: Two-post ROPS. Optional sunshade.

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Capacity: 3.8 gal [14.4 L]
Valves: 0 to 2
Pump flow: 6.7 gpm [25.4 lpm]
Total flow: 9.7 gpm [36.7 lpm]
Steering flow: 3.2 gpm [12.1 lpm]

Electrical:
Ground: negative
Charging system: alternator
Charging amps: 14.2
40 (optional)

Battery:
Number: 1
Volts: 12

Page information:
Last update: January 23, 2011
Copyright: Copyright 2012 TractorData LLC

ohn Deere
Original price (USD): $15,000 (2009)

John Deere 4005 Engine:
Yanmar 2.0L 4-cyl diesel
full engine details ...

Capacity:
Fuel: 8.5 gal [32.2 L]
Hydraulic system: 6.9 gal [26.1 L]

3-Point Hitch:
Rear Type: 1
Rear lift (at 24"/610mm): 2,020 lbs [916 kg]

Power Take-off (PTO):
Rear PTO: continuous
Rear RPMs: 540

Dimensions & Tires:
Wheelbase: 69 inches [175 cm]
Weight: 2954 to 3175 pounds
Front tire: 6.5-16
Rear tire: 14.9-24
full dimensions and tires ...

4005 Serial Numbers:
2008: 000100
2009: 210001

how to read serial numbers...

John Deere 4005 Power:
Engine (gross): 41.9 hp [31.2 kW]
Engine: 37.9 hp [28.3 kW]
PTO (claimed): 35 hp [26.1 kW]

Mechanical:
Chassis: 4x2 2WD
4x4 MFWD 4WD optional
Steering: hydrostatic power
Brakes: wet disc
Cab: ROPS. Canopy optional.

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Capacity: 6.9 gal [26.1 L]
Pressure: 2262 psi [156.0 bar]
Valves: 2
Pump flow: 8.5 gpm [32.2 lpm]
Total flow: 13 gpm [49.2 lpm]
Steering flow: 4.5 gpm [17.0 lpm]

Electrical:
Ground: negative
Charging system: alternator
Charging amps: 40

Battery:
Number: 1
Cold-cranking amps: 770
Volts: 12

Page information:
Last update: February 29, 2012
Copyright: Copyright 2012 TractorData LLC

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #14  
What are the hours, configuration and condition? On the surface, you can get a much larger JD for the same money, just a few years older.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #16  
Speaking from my own experience and having only 21 hours on my 31HP 2012 2720, it has been a huge help since I bought it in March and worth every penny I paid for it. I've used the front end loader to move dozens of cords of wood, thousands of pounds of rock, and hundreds of yards of topsoil. It was a busy summer around here and I could never have accomplished what I did had I not had this tractor for most of the year. I've also used it to run my PTO chipper for a number of hours and I can't imagine a better setup.

I've sat on all of the major brands and just liked the way the JD was designed in comparison. They're all nice machines and I wish I had one of each so I could try all of them to see which one I like the best. The JD dealer 5 minutes from me pi$$ed me off so I traveled to another dealer 30 minutes away where I was treated better and saved $700. Good to see some objective advice so far. We all want something different and most of us already have a favorite color. It all comes down to how it feels and how you like its layout and specifications. Good luck with your decision.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #17  
Brand New

Oh, got it. Those are the original 2009 and 211 prices from Tractordata.com. I read it too quick and thought these were 2009 and 2011 model tractors. My bad.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #18  
There really isn't one "best" brand or model….regardless of what some folks might suggest. Heck, if you were to listen to some of the folks here, you'd think there are really only two good brands (Deere and Kubota), a couple of okay brands, and everything else.

These sorts of biases are a big part of the reason why I've been writing a buyer's guide for people considering buying their first tractor. If you're interested in reading an advanced version, I'd be happy to send you a copy….just shoot me a note.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase? #19  
I went through the same process this spring and summer. I took the advice of those on this forum and visited all the local dealers and tried out the tractors they had in the HP range and had the features and specs I was looking for and tried to compare apples to apples as much as possible. When buying new, the dealer can really make an impact on your decision making. I had some good and not so good experiences at the dealer. I live in a pretty rural area so did not have the luxury of shopping multiple dealers of the same brand. At the end of the day I ended up going with the Kioti CK35. To me, it offered the best bang for the buck and the dealer seemed solid and sincerely interested in my business. I am very happy with the decision I made. Invest the time and I am sure you'll end up with the right tractor for you.

/ What's the best 30-35 hp tractor to purchase?
Ok my needs many I guess. Grass cutting that looks great. I've been told that 3pt finishing mowers will mark up lawns. I'm also tilling our garden, and snow removal on 1/4 mile drive way in canada. I am also going to use the tractor for our future motocros track build and maintanence, landscaping & tree planting. I would like to have only one for all and know this is a lot to ask from one machine. I'm on 10 acres and in requires a lot of work to get where I'd like the property.